What Are Some Reasons To Contact Your Car Insurance Agent?

Explaining viewpoint

When you have car insurance there are various reasons why you will want to contact your agent. Some of these reasons may be:

  1. You have been involved in an accident. You will want to contact your agent right away to file a claim. The agent should be able to give you some guidance.
  2. Someone has vandalized or stolen your car. Again, you should contact your agent right away.
  3. If you have filed a claim for some reason and are having problems contact your agent. Your agent may not personally handle claims, but should be able to get in touch with the proper people to expedite the claim.
  4. When you either purchase or lease a new vehicle or eliminate a vehicle currently covered by your car insurance you need to contact your agent to make the proper changes.
  5. If you need to add a driver to your insurance coverage or you need to remove a driver from coverage you need to contact your insurance agent.

bennet1-1498x917.dm.crop_0_62_1498_917_Hq7B6. Its important to talk with your insurance agent when you move. Even if you are staying in the same general area the agent needs your current resident address and phone number. If moving out of state you may or may not be able to continue with the same insurance carrier.

7. Talk with you insurance agent to determine if there is cheaper coverage available. You may be able to get a discount if you add additional policies with the same agent. For instance, you might want to add a home owner policy to get a multi-olicy discount.

8. It may be time to change the coverage on your vehicle. Perhaps you no longer commute for work, perhaps the vehicle is older and you need less coverage on it, perhaps you are not going to be using your vehicle at all and it is being stored in a garage for a period of time, perhaps you now drive only a very limited number of miles each year. Any of these changes may results in a change in premium.

9. If you refinance your car the agent will need this information so your policy can reflect the new lien holder.

10. You agent will need to know if you are adding a teenage driver to your coverage. Insurance coverage is needed even with a learners permit.

11. If you have changed jobs and your commute is either shorter or longer contact your agent as this mileage difference may change your insurance premium rate.

Do not hesitate to contact your insurance agent whenever you have questions or concerns regarding your car insurance coverage.